It is impossible to carry on as if nothing has changed. There is not one area of our lives not impacted by COVID-19. There is so much being thrown online…misinformation intermingled with critical, life-saving instruction about the virus, plus many brands / organizations across every sector screaming into the abyss – “Look at me! Don’t forget about me/us!” How do we cut through the noise? How might we keep ‘CALM’ and not carry on business as usual? How might we consider when, how, and where to participate online, whilst juggling our immediate family and health priorities? How might we lean into the emotions we are feeling and acknowledge the grief and sense of collective loss?
Check out this week’s Friday Five list for your cultural prescription:
- Podcast: Unlocking Us – A brand new podcast from Brené Brown!
- Tweet: “Just shared this update with our whole staff. In times like these, businesses need to be the ones that give, not take – especially for employees with kids at home. As school/daycare closes, companies need to relax expectations and be extra accommodating. See image.” by Jason Fried, 17 March – Read this letter. This is true leadership. Clear, but kind. Not vague.
- Article: ‘It shouldn’t take a pandemic’: Coronavirus exposes Internet inequality among U.S. students as schools close their doors – In the rush to move everything and everyone online, let’s not forget that not everyone has an Internet connection or Internet connected device.
- Book: Untamed by Glennon Doyle – How might you set yourself free from your cage? (And…BONUS: re-read Braving the Wilderness by Brené Brown because this book is more relevant than ever and Brené interviews Glennon in new Unlocking Us podcast.)
- Video: Going Remote: A Basecamp Live Walkthrough with Founder – Want a glimpse into how a remote working culture functions? Check out this video.