Writing for Now Is Gone gave me the opportunity to share social media lessons learned with those just entering the space. It is always helpful to have a guide rather than fumble around on your own. Today, The Blog Council released a series of checklists to assist companies participating in social media.
How to use the toolkit:
- Discuss these model policies with everyone involved in social media: marketing, communications, legal, HR, sales, customer service, etc.
- This document supports existing company policies and is not intended to supersede them.
- Customize them to fit your organization’s specific needs and operations.
- Create a training program to share them company-wide.
- Share them with your agencies, consultants, and contractors.
- Post your version to our library to help other companies develop policies.
As I have stated before, the social media space remains a new frontier and all of us are still pioneers. What will drive us forward is the positive sharing of lessons learned. I applaud this Blog Council contribution. I will share what I have learned from my clients, as well as, learn from those lessons shared by my peers. I hope you will do the same.