Electricity was in the air at SXSWi! In the words of CC Chapman, "SXSW is a true media conference."
Thankfully, I was able to attend one day of the five-day conference. (Thank you, Connie Reece.) Trust me; I made the most of my limited time. In the morning, we toured the trade show floor. There were not too many WOWS, but we had plenty of opportunities to play Guitar Hero.
The WOWS happened in the sessions/panels, Bloghaus and evening events! SXSW is a powerful conference and all attendees are powerful players.
- Podcasts of all sessions/panels will be made available on the SXSWi site. I am still playing catch-up. The material will be great fodder for future blog posts.
- The best session (and best applicable to my day job) was on Tuesday with friend, Kami Huyse, and pals at Dell: The Future of Corporate Blogs is About Communication, Not Tools
- The Zuckerberg interview made international rumblings…this happened the night I was in Austin!
- Del.icio.us SXSW hashtag list has great recaps from different perspectives.
- Live blogging archive available at SXSW Twemes.com
- The Fray Café was a storyteller’s dream!
Monday evening, I attended an event with Federated Media, Dell, along with Bulldog Solutions, The Conversation Group, and Social Media Club Austin, for an evening of “Conversation Starters” at the Iron Cactus. I hung out with Kami Huyse and had a blast finally meeting the people I converse with daily in the virtual world, such as CC Chapman, “Pistachio” Laura Fitton (my soul sis), THE Chris Brogan, and Erin Kotecki Vest. I finally reconnected with fellow Dallas blogger, Jake McKee aka The Community Guy.
ANNOUNCEMENT: It’s official! Next month we will be rekindling the Dallas Fort Worth Social Media Club! Stay tuned for more details on time/location. We are thinking 24 April…